Thursday, October 1, 2015

School Outfit #18

“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn”~Orson Welles

Hello blog readers!
Today I wanted to experiment a bit with mixing patterns.  Wearing two different prints can be super intimidating and taking baby steps can really help expand your wardrobe.  The easiest thing to practice with is stripes and floral.  Stripes are an universal print that goes with pretty much anything.
  Today I wore my green and white striped v-neck from Wet Seal and paired it with my Merona blue and purple floral infinity scarf.  I like how the little bits of green in the scarf match the green in the shirt.  Picking a common color that is not the majority of the print helps the outfit look more put together.  I showed you what my outfit looked like without the cardigan to show how the two patterns look together.  Adding the navy cardigan added a bit of calmness to the look since the navy is also in the scarf, it tones down the craziness of the stripes.  My jeans are by Wallflower and I'm not a huge fan of the way these jeans look on me but, my favorite plain blue jeans were in the washer.  
I paired my outfit with my cream slip-on Converse shoes and my glasses.  I am not wearing any makeup besides a little concealer and powder since I only had two classes today.

Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you want me to write more about pattern mixing or anything else you are curious about!
♥Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment