Monday, September 21, 2015

School Outfit #10!

"Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends"~Kate Spade

Happy Monday!

Today I decided to wear a tank top I have never worn before.  I bought it last year from Rue21 and never figured out a way to wear it.  It is black with a hot pink lip print.  It looks very childish and cheap but underneath my black chiffon shirt by Mudd, it looks pretty good!  I love the idea of putting a print underneath a sheer shirt to add a bit more interest.  If you are going to recreate this look I would recommend keeping the background color of the tank the same color of the shirt so the colors do not end up clashing.  There are some exceptions but, this is a way to make sure it always looks good.  I finished off this look with a gold chain necklace from Rue21 and my trusty old blue jeans by Decree.  I again slipped on my tan loafers by the Lower East Side since they did not distract from the rest of the outfit.  This is an outfit that I'm still unsure about but it was really fun to play around with prints and different types of looks.  Let me know what you think!

Here's a better picture of what the print of the tank top looked like underneath my sheer shirt.  For makeup, I wore a tint of color on my lips with my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in Smitten and kept the rest of my face very minimal.


Hope you all have an amazing week!
♥Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment